IT Support Specialist - Executive Support
Job no: 495765
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: UITS-Client TechnologyServices
Categories: Information Technology, Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Primary Work Location:
One Beacon Street, Floor 31, Boston, MA 02108
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard: Monday – Friday 8:30a-5:00p (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor)
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist - Executive Support to join the four member Client Technology team for the UMass President’s Office. The Support Specialist will enable the University President and the Executive Office staff to be productive and effective in using technology in their work. Apple, Mac OS, and iOS support expertise are required. Expertise with AV/sound/mixing equipment preferred. Reporting to the Manager of Client Support, s/he will be responsible for providing concierge-style support for laptops, tablets, smartphones, conference room/AV equipment and software, personal productivity software, specialized business applications, and any other technology needs for the executive staff. S/he will provide 1-1 technology training and coaching, ensure enhanced data and device security measures are effective and handle special projects to research and implement solutions for the custom needs of the executive staff.
The candidate must work effectively as part of a team. S/he will work closely with the senior team member at the One Beacon Street location to provide backup and daily IT support for staff at that location. S/he will also work with other UITS teams as needed. To be successful in this role, applicants must demonstrate the following characteristics: professional, pleasant and patient demeanor, initiative and self-starter to anticipate needs and prevent disruptions; attention to detail and work quality; professional judgment regarding access to sensitive and confidential information; effective communication and documentation skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain calm in a crisis.
The Specialist will act as an advocate for the President and his Executive Office staff to ensure technology is enhancing their productivity. Apple, Mac OS and IOS support are especially important. Support will either be in-person or remote as needed. Local travel is periodically required, especially to other UMass campuses across the state. There will be periodic early morning, evening and weekend support and project work. Occasional travel out of state may be required. Specific responsibilities include:
Executive Technology Support:
- Support executive staff computers, mobile devices, printers, IT applications, and network connectivity
- Support onboarding of new executive staff
- Support technology-related sensitive and highly confidential activities
- Respond to, enter and update tickets using the current ticketing system
- Escalation of and advocacy for Beacon St. site technology needs
- Proactive and preventative maintenance and support of technology devices to minimize disruptions
- 1-1 technology coaching and training on new services and devices
- Maintain IT asset inventory and ensure timely refresh of devices
- Implement continuous improvements to IT service delivery based on customer feedback
- Document and assist in cross-training of IT colleagues on how to support the Beacon St. environment
- Provide IT support for all staff at Beacon St. site
- Handle technology equipment provisioning, maintenance, and secure disposal
Conferencing and Meeting Support:
- Setup and live meeting support for web conferencing with remote participants in meeting rooms with embedded AV equipment and software-based conferencing from computers and mobile devices
- Preventative maintenance to ensure conferencing spaces operate smoothly
- 1-1 coaching to ensure executive staff can have successful conference meetings under a variety of conditions, locations, and equipment
IT Project Coordination:
- Work on a wide variety of special projects related to new and emerging technology needs and to effectively launch new IT services for the executives while minimizing disruption
- Liaison with other IT teams, facilities, and vendors to ensure smooth delivery of IT projects and services for Beacon St. staff.
Other duties as assigned as related to the essential functions
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- 2+ years of experience supporting Mac OS computers and iOS mobile devices
- 2+ years of experience supporting Windows computers, Android mobile devices, and network (LAN/WiFi/Wireless) connectivity within a corporate environment.
- 2+ years of experience supporting executive-level clients and assistants in a formal business environment
- Experience supporting standard productivity corporate software packages such as Microsoft Office
- Experience supporting web conferences and meetings
- Strong organizational and judgment skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and follow through with assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of experience providing client IT support including to executive level clients and their assistants
- 2+ years of experience supporting Audio/Visual and web conferencing needs
- Certified in Apple technology support and/or training
- Certified in Microsoft technology support and/or training
- Able to manage urgent high-pressure situations calmly and professionally
- 1+ years of experience training and/or coaching individuals how to use technology and devices.
- Familiarity with networking principles, Zoom, Kace, McAfee, Active Directory Domains, Onedrive, MS Office Suite, PeopleSoft, Slack, Stat, Dell Image Assist helpful.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Shrewsbury office location
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to bend, lift at least 25 lbs., crawl under tables, stand on ladders to reach projectors
- Must be available for occasional early morning, evening and weekend work to support project deployments or special events
- This is a full-time non-exempt, overtime eligible, benefited position
- No relocation assistance provided
- Starting Salary for this position is $55,000 - $60,000.
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review and credit check.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend