Job no: 494227
Position type: Hourly
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: IGS-Central Admin
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
|Primary Work Location (City/State/Home):
||100 Venture Way, Suite 9, Hadley, MA 01035
|Normal Work Schedule:
||This is a part-time hourly position.
||The UMass Donahue Institute (UMDI) Central Administrative Services Unit (CASU) provides a wide variety of resources and support services to the leadership and business groups of UMDI in areas including: marketing and communications; business development; accounting; human resources; information technology; and web and print design. Under the direction of the Manager of Central Support Services, the Office Assistant helps maintain day-to-day tasks for the smooth operation of the UMDI central office located in Hadley.
Responsibilities of the Office Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Manager of Central Support Services with office administration tasks;
- Answer the main phone line for the Institute and transfer to appropriate personnel;
- Drop off, pick up and sort mail;
- Create UPS shipments;
- Scan & copy documents;
- Greet guests of the Suite;
- Monitor office inventory/supplies and report needed inventory/supplies to manager;
- Open and close office suite, based on applicant’s schedule.
- Assist with data entry;
- Assist with logistics and material preparations for meetings;
- Assist with event and conference logistics and material preparation.
|Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and work independently;
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with MS Office;
- Demonstrated communication skills and proper phone etiquette.
|Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- UMass Amherst undergraduate student;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Customer service experience.
Multiple hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This role requires strong attention to detail, a respect for confidentiality requirements, high levels of accuracy and organization. Some transporting of supplies and materials. Environment is a busy, open office area resulting in multiple interruptions and requests for assistance.
The physical/mental demands and work environment factors described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a part-time non-benefited hourly position. During the academic season, hours will be limited to 20 hours per week if the employee is a UMass Amherst student;
- This position is funded by grants and/or contracts, and is contingent upon funding;
- No relocation assistance provided;
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review;
- Potential candidates will not be contacted for interviews until after the posting closes.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.